September 7, 2011

Spring...I mean Fall Cleaning

Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend! I know I did. Why you ask? Because I got my last taste of summer.

www.kidsgeo.com
 Ahhhhh so relaxing. I love the beach. It was the perfect way to end my summer.

Not only did I get to put my toes in the water, tush in the sand but Hubby and I also got some much needed work done on the house. Last year by the time we moved in, the leaves were already starting to change so we didn't do much prep for the colder season. Now that we are a little older and a little wiser we learned that if we take the time to do some prep and cleaning in the fall, we will have an easier time when spring came around. So what does that mean?



That's right. I get to play with my dad's electric hedge cutter! *insert evil laugh*


We ignored our poor hedges all spring and summer. They were a mess to say the least. So I took the cutters and a ladder and in an hour or two they were much much better. While I was hacking away at our hedge mess Tim was using his dad's power washer to give our deck a little TLC.

If you can't tell that our deck needed it check out the line Tim "drew" in the next picture.

  Gross.


Aww he power washed my name. Still gross but kinda cute. :)

We also did some projects inside the house including putting a much needed ceiling fan in our master bedroom. More on that later but here's a little sneak peak.

And no-Tim and I didn't have a water balloon fight before this. Let's just say that Tim runs at a higher temperature than most of us. Think Jacob from Twilight.....but with lighter skin and red hair.

So that was our weekend. We hung out with some friends and family, got a little sun at the beach and we got started on all our pre-fall projects. What did you do? Any projects? Or did you soak up some last minute summer sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...