January 24, 2012

Two Mass' and a Dream

Get it? Mass' = the huge steins of beer we are holding below. No? Too much? Well anyway, remember when we went to Germany in September for the Annual Oktoberfest Celebration in Munich, Germany? (when I fell off the face of the blog world)



Well my brother in law gave us an awesome gift from Christmas: A Bansky Graffiti Print of the awesome picture above. So when this came in the mail, I knew it had to go somewhere special in our house.


As for the dream? Well this wall represents it...well, at least the dream of what could be.


This huge, blank purple wall is in our guest bedroom. I haven't done much in there and there is still a lot of work to be done but I desperately wanted to hang some art on the walls so when guest came, they felt like they were staying in a semi completed room.

Whenever I want to create a gallery wall, whether it is up the stairs, or around a thermostat or on a giant blank wall like this, I always start on the floor. I like to lay out the pieces and move them around until I think they are balanced. So that's where I started.


I started collecting random art, pictures and objects around the house that I have been meaning to hang but had no place (or motivation) to hang them. This can sometimes take me awhile and messes usually occur anytime I do a project so while you see the prints on the floor, this was on the bed.


Some of the frames we had didn't have a hanging hook so we had to rig up our own devices.



Then we got to work hanging the pictures and turning this boring, purple wall into a gallery.


Of course we had to take some breaks because someone wanted some love and of course we were happy to oblige.


After some good belly rubs all around and some screws and wire later, we were left with this.



I know, I know- Our lighting stinks! Its on the To Do List.

The wall is still a work in progress. I will add more as we go and I plan on spray painting those silver frames to bring them back to life. I will also end up painting that mirror but I'm not quite sure what color. Here is another angle.



On Friday I will break down where all the art came from but until then, what do you think? Do you like the randomness? Or is symmetrical more your style?

Does it help if I told you that I didn't spend a dime on this project? Because it sweetens the deal a little for me. :)

ps: Want to see more of my slight obsession with photos and art? Check out other parts of my home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...