May 29, 2012

Deforesting Our Mini Forest

Although I spent most of the memorial day weekend with friends and family, I also got some much needed projects done. One of them was removing a forest.


Let me explain. We have a maple tree next to our driveway. Every year we see lots of whirlybirds or helicopter seeds all over our yard fall from it. This year, the rain and early spring weather started producing a lot of mini maple trees.


I have let it go a bit too far. So I decided to get up early one morning and get to work taking down our mini forest. This is my before shot. I realized after I already started so that is why you see the patch of weeded garden in the front.


And this is what it looked like after the mini forest came down.


Ahh, much better. Let's take another angle shot.


Our garden is still a work in progress but it has come a long way from this jungle when we moved in...


Who else tackled some gardening this weekend between hot dogs and hamburgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...