February 6, 2012

My most coveted recipe to date

In all fairness, I probably should have posted this before the Super Bowl but I didn't really think about it until game day. You can file this gem away for another event.

And, No- its  not my grandmother's sauce. It's my hot spinach and artichoke dip. I found it a few years ago and tweaked it to still be delicious but a little bit healthier. The best part is that it is soo easy to make. Its full-proof. So lets dive right in.

You know the drill- bring out the ingredients:


1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. light mayonnaise
1/2 c. of fresh mozzarella (but I usually add 1 c.), cubed *not pictured*
1-2 tsp. minced garlic
1-14oz. can of artichoke hearts (quartered)
1- package of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)

Ready for how easy this is?

Preheat the over for 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together and put in a shallow glass dish. 9X13 works best.


Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and you are done.


This is sooo good. I love it. Even using healthier ingredients like nonfat sour cream or light mayo doesn't matter. It's still cheesy and delicious.


For all of you calorie counters out there, if 8 people ate this batch, it would be about 160 calories a serving. Not bad at all for delicious dip!

Did you eat some delicious dips yesterday? Which Super Bowl commercial was your favorite? Personally I thought they were not very funny this year but I loved the Volkswagen one with the dog getting in shape. How about Madonna? I didn't think she was bad. I love me some Madonna so I may be biased. I hope I look like that at her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...